- 10 channel capability.
- Salinity monitoring and optional temperature sensing/timed dumping.
- Front panel alarm level set point check.
- Subsequent alarm signaling to a remote location.
Suitable for unmanned engine rooms.
Feed & Condensate
- Suitable for 1200 PSI plants.
- Automatic temperature compensation.
- Retrofit compatibility to existing 2 or 3 wire cell systems with
minimum installation time.
Fresh Water Tank
- Visual and audible alarm indicators.
- 0-10 GPG, 0-100 PPM, 0-1000 TDS and other scales
- Special Range Modules.
- Failsafe dump valve control protects
combined with McNab Model AP-I HC concentrated concentration
Cells and Insertion Valves
McNab cells and sensors are engineered to the most exacting specifications
using only the finest quality materials. They are available in both
valve inserted and screw-in types with electrode configurations for
virtually all applications.
Linear Safety Valves
These valves provide a safety interlock that requires the valve to be
completely closed for cell removal and insertion. Linear valves
equipped with an operational assist mechanism are available. This
feature permits easy operation of the valve even against high pressure or
Salinity readings are material-effected by the water temperature.
High water temperature causes the readings to appear higher than they
truly are. Early salinity equipment handled the problem by manual
temperature compensation. Our equipment has built-in temperature
sensing arrangement, so as to achieve what is now called ATC (automatic
temperature compensation). This automation takes care of the
problem. Equipment is installed on piping systems or storage tanks
for distillation, and feed and condensate systems.
Gate Valve Cells & Valves
The gate valve cell and valve are a
traditional type of salinity sensor. The MDM is compatible with the
3 major styles of these sensors.
For The Operator:
- Designed from the ground up for commercial Marine service, not an
adaptation from other services.
- Increased sensitivity, accuracy, and repeatability from rock-solid
- Internal tamperproof, individual, calibrated setpoint control for
each salinity module (meter independent).
- Individual, dedicated and labeled lights at the engraved cell
directory provide simplified system status presentation.
- Available, built-in options include temperature-timer, recorder
outputs, and audible alarms.
- Safe low voltage operation (OSHA).
- Simplified operating instructions on panel front.
- Color-coded meter.
- Long-lived front panel lights insure sustained performance of
- Compatible with rapid temperature response cells and safety
- Front panel "Alarm Set Check" provides meter
verification of setpoint levels.
For The Owner:
- Automatic Over-range Alarm™ gives non-defeatable protection
against costly operator mistakes.
- Automatic Alarm Update™ and console outputs permit use in
"one-man engine rooms ."
- Tamperproof setpoint controls.
- Remote console signaling of loss of power to panel.
- One family of designs suitable for both distillation plant, and
feed and condensate systems (including 1200 PSI plants).
- Lower voltage solid state design extends cell life.
- Future expansion of system to ten channels is easily
- Meets regulatory body requirements (MARAD, USCG, ABS, IEEE).
For The Shipyard:
- Short-circuit proof cell drastically reduces system damage
resulting from incorrect hook-ups (these problems represent 90% of
- Generous internal clearances for cable bends and terminal
connections speed installation.
- Standardized mechanical interface for either bulkhead or flush
- Panel compatible to retrofit into existing two or three wire cell
- One-year warranty coverage from vessel acceptance.
For The Serviceman:
- Individual modules for detection, indication, interconnection,
temperature-timer, power, and switching functions.
- No P.C. board misalignment is possible when replacing
- P.C. boards environmentally protected.
- Parts readily available, no difficult-to-obtain MIL-SPEC
- The standardized relay used throughout has a proven capability to
handle the solenoid currents of large dump valves.
- Unambiguous power ON/OFF switch for safety.
- Electronic components rated with a 300% safety margin for power
- Voltage status lights to aid trouble analysis.
||115 V +/- 10%. See CDS as appropriate.
220 VAC available
||50 - 60 Hz +/- 10%
|Steady state current (max.)
||2 - 3 amp
|Peak surge current (max.)
|Cell Temperature: (min.)
|Cell Temperature: (max.)
||225ºF (107.2ºC). See CDS as appropriate.
||-14.7 to +150 psi (See McNab for higher values)
||0ºF to 150ºF
||3% of meter scale arc.
|Alarm adjustment range:
||Not less than 3 GPG. See CDS as appropriate.
|Alarm level repeatability:
||1/32" on meter scale.
|Factory set alarm level:
||0.25 grains/gallon, typical.
|Automatic over range alarm:
||Not less than 10 grains/gallon or full range.
|Automatic alarm update:
||Notice of subsequent alarm events.
|Factory set dump limits:
||0.25 grains/gallon (typical for public health)
|Dump limit adjustment:
||With alarm level adjustment.
|Low temperature dump level:
||165ºF (73.9ºC) (typical for public health)
|Low temperature dump time:
||15 min. after temperature is raised to 168ºF