Soaring fuel costs are becoming a terrible
burden to the shipping industry. Unfortunately, you have to live with
with this situation, but at least you try to make it hurt less. Why not
consider turning to our Fuel Management System (FMS) for help.
In a nutshell, FMS makes available for
the first time, a display of SPEED vs. PROFIT,
on a per voyage basis for your particular ship. This table helps you set
the best speed and make the best decision between profit and scheduling,
or other conflicting needs.
Your vessel's characteristics, and hence
its optimum speed were set by someone at least five years ago. Years
have gone by and fuel costs have increased ten-fold. Certainly, a review
of optimum speed is indicated. This is what the FMS does.
Our System learns the specific
characteristics of each ship, employing our well established electronic
sensors combined with data that this is the most sophisticated,
practical fuel management system now available.
Yearly fixed costs, those deemed to remain constant, are known and
easily available. These costs include all charges such as
insurance, crew cost, etc. but not fuel. Line 27 of the
Federal Income Tax Form 1120 from prior year's operation, allocated per
ship with forecast adjustment will give you a very close approximation
of ship's fixed costs.
Data such as voyage inbound, voyage outbound and planned in-port
Accurate data on real time shaft torque, RPM and speed.
Heavy displacement, light displacement, voyage displacement, speed
factor, fuel factor, speed slippage factor, load weight factor, hotel
services, and other engineering log data.
Voyage distance, chart current.
Bridge Control Display
Data from shore, ship and sensors is continuously analyzed by the
intelligent terminal and then displayed as the speed versus profit.
For the Owner/Operator
- Simulation modeling of ship operation and testing of alternate
strategies to determine the best option for your ship.
- Derivation of system based on generally accepted accounting
principles of break-even cost analysis (based on application of cost
to speed/power curve)
- Options include cost and speed analysis for the following changes:
- - Hull fouling
- - Excessive in-port times
- - Diesel conversion
- - Fuel cost
- - Freight rate
- - Routing (distance & current)
- One year warranty coverage.
For the Shipboard Operator
- Only 30 entries required, once per voyage.
- Ongoing inputs are provided automatically during at sea operation.
- All data easily entered within 5 minutes at pierside (special typing
skills not required)
- Simple step-by-step data entry instructions in standard marine
terminology (no need to know computer languages)
- Results are displayed in simple table of speed vs. profit in one
knot increments (expanded scale down to one-tenth knot).
- Optional security system prevents tampering and unauthorized use.
For the Installer
- Installation time approximately 12 hours without need to disturb
- Shaft horsepower zero and full scale calibration completed pierside
(a unique feature).
- Requires no extensive platform building, no hull penetration, no
shaft modifications, no repiping (all components) typically pass
through existing hatchways and passages).
- Applicable to diesel, steam, or coal.
- Critical verification of calibration via built-in mechanical test
- Sensors installation has been granted US Coast Guard approval.
For Service Personnel
- Off the shelf parts availability direct from McNab.
- Anticipated maintenance less than one day per year, skill level
required - Ship's Electrician.
- Built-in trouble shooting guide.
- FMS downtime does not affect ship operation.
Mounts on shaft from 4" to 38" (Contact
factory concerning shaft sizes outside these dimensions)
Available from zero to full-scale, for marine use (dependant on
model and application), linear and continuous.
||Shaft Horsepower Range:
to 100,000 SHP
0 thru 1,000 RPM
- Torque sensor-husk assembly P/N 61001
- Panel Monitor SHP (Torque Meter) P/N 61000
- Signal Processor P/N 63350
- Terminal P/N 63250
- Communication Unit P/N 63300
|Specification may be changed or
improved as necessary.